I was just given the Liebster Blog Award! The award is given to new blogs based on nominations, there is quite a bit of lore surrounding The Liebster Blog Award. Some people say you must have fewer than 200 subscribers, some say 2,000. No one actually has conclusive proof of where it originated either. It’s not a passive award, what makes it unique is that it comes with a set of commandments. When awarded, you have to do the following.
1. Thank your nominator.
A big Thank You to my friends at http://swedenmiddleeast.wordpress.com for the recognition and positive feedback. I strongly suggest taking time to scroll through their blog and read up on the unique perspectives on display
2. Cite between five and eleven random facts about yourself, preferably previously unrevealed.
- I collect vintage and retro cufflinks, Swank is my favorite brand.
- I’ve climbed Mount Fuji in Japan.
- My dad is now a crystal.
- Documentaries are my favorite genre.
- I prefer Talk Radio to music.
- I have five main hobbies: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Blacksmithing, Writing, Philosophy, and Genealogy.
3. Answer the questions posed by your nominator.
1. If you could be any animal, what would you be? Why?
I’d be an African Elephant. They have a great family structure, travel great distances, and not easily provoked.
2. What do you say when your (or someone else’s) kid asks you why the sky is blue?
“Let’s Google it!”
3. Favorite Food?
4. If money were no object, where would you travel on your next vacation?
Egypt, lush with history and pyramids.
5. How do you like your eggs?
Scrambled hard, with pico de gallo.
6. Favorite Reality TV Show?
The Ultimate Fighter. I train in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and I have friends that have competed in the show.
7. What was your very first job?
Selling hot dogs at the mall.
8. What book is on your nightstand right now?
9. What’s your guilty pleasure?
I live guilt free.
10. At what age is your earliest memory?
I have no idea.
11. What musical artist are you listening to these days? Dubstep!
What it is:
How it makes me feel:
4. Nominate between three and eleven other blogs for the Liebster Award.
- Owls Odyssey, its a slice of life blog about her art, poetry, and life. http://owlsodyssey.com
- My Healthy Life, this is all about body transformation and discipline. He’s keeping a detailed account of his journey http://desrtdwller.wordpress.com
- Rawzineart, “C” is bringing back the art of the ‘Zine! Hand made magazines with life. A truly lost art. http://rawzineart.wordpress.com
5. Pose a new set of questions to your nominees.
- If you could choose one “superpower”, what would it be?
- If we made a movie about your life, who would play you and why?
- If you were the star act in a circus, what would you do?
- If you worked for the CIA as a spy, what would your Code Name be?
- If you knew you could not fail, what would you do?
6. There is no number 6.
7. Include a Liebster Award graphic. You can use one of these two, create one, or find one on your online.
To read more on Literature, click here.